Construction Crew To Close Bent Avenue Between Discovery Street and Creekside Drive
San Marcos, CA—Construction continues on the $104M San Marcos Creek Project with the closure of south Bent Avenue between Discovery Street and Creekside Drive on Tuesday, June 30. The closure will allow for the roadway on Bent Avenue to be raised eight feet and the construction of a bridge over the Creek to prevent flooding. Bridge construction is expected to last a year.
Detours will be clearly marked, and businesses will be open. The City will post current road closures and detours on Waze to help motorists navigate the area. To learn more about the detours in place, watch the latest active construction update video.
In the coming weeks, additional roadwork is also anticipated in the project area, including work on Via Vera Cruz, between San Marcos Boulevard and Discovery Street, and work on Discovery Street, between Via Vera Cruz and Joy Court. Exact timing and details will be shared on the Creek project webpage when available.
What To Expect
Construction hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In some areas of the Creek Project, construction hours may begin earlier than stated.
In the construction zone, please be mindful of the reduced speed limits. Drivers must adhere to the 25 mph speed limit for the safety of construction crews and others. Please remember to Honk Less and Wave More to keep San Marcos roads safe and friendly.
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, construction crews are taking all recommended precautions to stay healthy and safe by following the guidance from public health officials, practicing social distancing and frequent hand washing on the construction site. For more information, read the Creek Project’s announcement regarding COVID-19.
The City encourages members of the public to visit the project website and sign up for alerts to stay informed throughout project construction:
- Website: Visit www.san-marcos.net/creek for project information.
- Text updates: Text SMCreek to 484848 to sign up for text updates.
- Project hotline: Call 877-SMCREEK with any questions and a team member will respond within 48 hours.
- Email: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or requests and a team member will respond within 48 hours.
- Waze: We’ll also be posting alerts and closures on Waze during construction. Download the app so you can #KnowBeforeYouGo. bit.ly/creek-appbit.ly/creek- droid
Para información y actualizaciones en español, por favor visite la página de la ciudad: www.san-marcos.net/arroyo.