Dear SMUSD families,
The San Marcos Creek Project team, a project of the City of San Marcos, reached out to SMUSD staff today to share there will be some construction taking place tomorrow on the San Marcos Creek Project that will affect before and after school traffic.
Traffic Delays: Beginning at 4 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 26, construction crews will begin pouring over 40,000 cubic feet of concrete for the Bent Avenue bridge structure and continue throughout the day. Work is expected to be completed the same day. Access to all neighborhoods and driveways will be maintained.
Here’s a look at what to expect during the concrete pour:
- Around 150 concrete trucks and construction vehicles will be entering and leaving the site near Via Vera Cruz and the Creek Area starting at 4 a.m. and ending that evening
- Flaggers will be present on Via Vera Cruz to assist construction trucks on and off the road.
- Slower travel times; please avoid the area if possible
**Please adjust your route to school, or leave extra early to avoid delays caused by the construction tomorrow.
Should you be interested in receiving updates on this construction or the San Marcos Creek Project:
- Text: (760) 281-7300, text SMCREEK
- Email: Visit the City of San Marcos e-news website and sign up for “Creek Construction Updates”
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding,
San Marcos Unified School District